We finished shooting Section 2 on Monday and edited it all together Tuesday and Wednesday. It looks like we'll need to re-shoot a few things but I'll wait until the end of the project just in case we need more footage to complete the DVD.
Yesterday I hooked up the new Wireless N router and it appears to be running well. I say appears because it did have trouble at first. With the configuration just as it was from the factory we were able to see the router from any computer with a wireless adapter and connect, but as soon as I changed anything in the routers configuration it seamed to go into invisible mode. This is a feature that lets you hide your network so you have to know the name or SSID of the router to connect to it. However, the invisible mode was turned off.
It turned out the problem was that I had connected the power for the router to an extension cord with a few other devices also using the same cord. It's a good lesson to make sure you have enough power for your devices, otherwise things like this could happen.
The router did drop the wireless one more time, but a quick reset fixed it. It's been up for about 20 hours now.
I'll be poking around in it's configuration utility while I plan Section 3. Section 3 will cover configuring the options in the router to get it to see the modem and get the wireless secure.